Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Welcome to DarkMercury.net!
It's about time for an overhaul of my blog site. I've had this domain for a few months since this is an update I've wanted to do for a while, but just like my actual posts I tend to put it off. I do feel bad since I enjoy writing on this site, so I've spent the last week making updates to make this site more enjoyable. So what's new at DarkMercury.net and why should you care?
- Obviously the new design header at the top of the page, brings the site into the new century at least. (big thanks to jo for the transparent logo .gif)
- Removal of the giant eclipse in the background.
- The text area of the entries are allowed to extend much further to the right, making the site easier to read (since it doesnt overlap the picture anymore).
- Bigger text!
- A lot of old entries lost their formatting and ended up as one huge paragraph. I had to manually go through and add br tags.
- No more Dates at the top of each entry. Time and date are smaller at the bottom.
- No more "Posted by Eclipse" since you know it's me.
- Updated the top links. The DarkMercury.net logo is clickable to go back to the homepage.
- I've joined twitter and have a feed from it on the left.
- Updated the Meh and Featured pages.
- The white links on the left remain there when looking at single entries and the news page.
- Wider comment entry form.
- Blue multiple entry seperators.
- Some other smaller things like formatting that you can't see.
What is still left to do?
- iPhone friendly links page (possibly iphone friendly blog site).
- Gallery is semi-broken again since the move to the new site. Mostly the new albums.
- Actually posting entries!
One of the best iphone features is the notepad so I can jot down ideas for writing and come back to them later. I think that combined with the twitter for quick updates will make it a little more interesting around here. Don't forget to update your links and RSS too.
Posted by eclipse
on 08/19 at 01:10 PM